If you want to lose 10 pounds (4.5 kg) in one month, you will need to make a conscious effort to achieve this goal.
In this article we are not going to promise you can lose 10 pounds overnight or turn from figure 12 to 8 overnight.
But you will learn some simple tips to lose 10 pounds in one month without breaking sweat.
Is It Possible to Lose 10 Pounds in a Month?
While losing 10 pounds in a month is not easy, it is possible if you are committed and determined to get rid of some fats.
A lot of this weight loss will come from body fat, but you will also lose excess water weight.
This is so because this weight loss tips simply lowers your insulin levels and make your body get rid of stored carbs which bind water.
Your body stores carbs in a form known as glycogen, and stored glycogen holds a lot of water in weight.
Furthermore, losing weight requires strict dieting and exercise. To achieve this goal, you will need to deliberate put effort to incorporate these two together.
Here are 6 simple tips to lose 10 pounds in one month.
1. Reduce Your Calorie Intake
Cutting back on your calorie intake is one of the most important factors when it comes to weight loss.
One of the simple tenets of weight loss is to burn more calories than you take in. Reducing your calorie intake is often a deliberate act.
Here are a few tips to reduce your calorie intake:
- Count calories: Weigh and log every food you eat. You can use a calorie counting tool to keep track of the amount of calories and nutrients you consume daily.
- Eat only at meals: Cut back on all snacks and don’t eat anything after dinner.
- Cut your condiments: Cut back on calorie-dense condiments and sauces.
- Eat more veggies: Embrace healthy vegetables and limit starchy carbs and added fats for the week.
- Eat lean proteins: Opt for lower-fat proteins, such as chicken and fish.
- Forget calorie drinks: Instead, opt for water, zero-calorie drinks, tea or coffee.
These tips should help you cut calorie intakes.
2. Cut Back Carbs and Embrace Lean Proteins
You can lose a few pounds in few days by following a strict low-carb diet.
Several studies have shown that a low-carb diet is very effective in weight loss (1, 2, 3).
A little decrease in carb intake can reduce water weight in the body.
You can experience an immediate weight loss if you go on low-carb diet. Furthermore, ensure to eat plenty of lean protein to reduce your appetite while further boosting your metabolism.
You can replace starchy foods with low-carb vegetables while upping your intake of lean meats and fish.